Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Last Minute Post

I know, I have waited for the last minute to post this very important message. I have spent the last day and half here in Philadelphia and it has been a blast. I have met about half of the 65 people leaving as part of the Mozambique 14 group. Everyone I have met so far has been amazing. We come from every part of the US and from many different schools and majors.

Some important information: If you want to mail me (which I highly encourage) please send it to

Yvonne Contreras, PCV
Corpo da Paz/U.S. Peace Corps
C.P. 4398
Maputo
Mozambique

But, if you want to mail through DHL then send it to

Yvonne Contreras, PCV
c/o U.S. Peace Corps Mozambique
Avenida Zimbabwe 345
Maputo
Mozambique

Don't forget to number each letter you send. If one gets lost, I will know about it and start the search. Please don't hesitate to send mail asap...the last thing I want is to be the Harry Potter of our group =(

Thank you all for your support and an amazing last few months. I love you and will update as soon as I get the chance.

-Von =)

4 comments:

  1. Is one address better than the other? I hope you had a great flight! I am looking forward to your next post!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Von-you will never believe that one of my co-workers has a cousing that is Marapyane, Mpumalanga Province, South Africa, with the peace corps! What a small world! She has been there a year and is on her way home to the states because both of her children are having babies next month! Yes, she is retired! LOL! I guess her daughter was in the peace corps and eventually married someone she met from South Africa! She shared the most beautiful pics of a giraffe and zebra out and about. I know you are going to love your time there! I don't think I can post pics on your blog...but they are awesome! I look forward to seeing your neck of the woods soon! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. DHL is more reliable but much more expensive. I think standard mail will be just fine for everyday letters, but if something is ever super valuable then they say to use DHL. Also, I just figured out the pic thing, so I'll post some as I get time =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Vonnie, This is so great! I just read through the first three blogs. I can't wait to hear all about your life. I hope your PC friend's can be as awesome as us, at least in the time being... Take care VERICA.

    ReplyDelete